Ponytails are my go to hairstyle, they’re quick, they get all my hair up out of the way (and I do have a lot of it…) and they’re kinda mama practical… but boring, right?
So, being the mama of a teenage girl, she’s always on hand to point out where I could do stuff a little bit differently and make it look nicer! After just a few minutes, she upgraded my boring ponytail and gave me 3 easy ponytail hairstyles, that just look and feel so much swishier and better.
Ponytail with French plaits
- French plait one or more sections of hair.
- Brush the rest of the hair up into a ponytail, slip in the plait and secure with a hair tie.
- If you can’t do French plaits, brush hair up into a ponytail and plait separate sections of hair.
Ponytail with plaited hair wrap
- Divide hair into three sections – secure middle section with a hair tie.
- Plait the two sections on either side.
- Wrap the plaits around the top of the ponytail and secure with hair grips.
Ponytail with curls
- Brush hair up into a ponytail and secure with a hair tie.
- Curl the ends of your hair with curling tongs.