Cardboard tube garden bugs are super cute and a fun spring craft for preschoolers. They’re fun to make, simple and look fab.
What you need:
- cardboard tubes
- sheets of coloured or patterned A4 paper
- sticky tape
- google eyes
- mini pompom noses
- pipe cleaners
What you do:
- Spread the cardboard tube with glue and then wrap the cardboard tube either in stripes for the bee or plain coloured paper for the butterfly body – secure with sticky tape at the back.
- Cut out two circles of coloured paper for the garden bug faces.
- Stick google eyes, pompom nose and little mouth shapes onto the face.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and coil the ends into a spiral.
- Using sticky tape attach the pipe cleaners to the inside of the top of the cardboard tubes, behind the face as antenna.
- Cut out the butterfly or bee wing shapes and using sticky tape stick them to the back of the cardboard tube body.
- Decorate the butterfly wings either with cut out paper shapes or stickers.
Enjoy making and playing with your beautiful butterfly and bee crafts!
You might also like our Easter Chick hand print craft.