Our cheese, chutney and apple mini pittas make a fab little lunchbox filler, easy to make, easy to wrap and tasty to eat.
My kids love these for lunch and the mini-size is perfect for younger children’s appetites.
Quick and tasty lunchbox filler.
- 2 mini pitta breads
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 apple
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp chutney
- Lightly toast the pitta breads and then split them and leave them to cool.
- Slice the apple and toss in the juice of a lemon to stop the apple going brown.
- Fill the pitta bread with cheese, apple slices and top with a tsp of chutney.
- You can add lettuce leaves too although younger children do prefer it without.
Make cheese, chutney and apple mini pittas your own way…
- Switch the cheese slices for cream cheese.
- Switch the chutney for peanut butter.
- Try pear slices instead of apples.
- Add in some sliced ham or crispy bacon.
How to serve cheese, chutney and apple mini pittas
- Great in lunch boxes.
- Take for picnics.
- Quick weekend lunch, maybe with a cup of soup.