This chicken and asparagus couscous salad is the kind of recipe you can just throw together using leftovers and a handy jar of antipasto. I always keep little jars of antipasto in the fridge, they’re great for turning leftovers into something delicious or using to top quick pitta pizzas or adding a little something extra to cheese on toast.
Easy to prepare and quick to cook making it great for a quick lunch or dinner.
Quick easy and delicious lunch recipe that uses up leftover roast chicken.
- 1 cup couscous
- 200g mixed jarred antipasto - any combination of artichokes, grilled courgettes, aubergines, peppers or sun dried tomatoes work well.
- 110g fine asparagus
- handful of olives
- handful of leftover roast chicken - chopped into bitesized pieces
- parmesan shavings
- drizzle of olive oil
- Cook the couscous as per the packet instructions - it usually takes just a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile griddle the asparagus over a medium high heat until cooked through.
- Once the couscous is cooked add a little drizzle of olive oil and fork it through to separate the grains and fluff it up.
- Mix in the the antipasto, olives and chicken and tip onto plates, top with the griddled asparagus and parmesan shavings.
Make it your way…
- Use any leftover roast meat or fish in place of the chicken.
- Skip the antipasto and stir in cooked buttery mushrooms or raw baby plum tomatoes instead.
- Add a spoonful of pesto to liven up the couscous flavour.
- Switch the couscous for pasta or rice.