Love chicken fajitas? Love crispy skinned hot fluffy baked potatoes? Then this is for you!
A mouthwatering combination and easy family meal. Oven baked jacket potatoes topped with lightly spiced chicken, grated Cheddar cheese and generous spoonfuls of guacamole, sour cream and spicy tomato salsa. Just serve with a quick side salad for an easy midweek meal.
This is a great meal for using up leftover roast chicken or if you really want to cut some corners buy ready cooked rotisserie chicken for speed and Ready Baked Potatoes.
Delicious healthy midweek family meal - great for using up leftover roast chicken.
- for the chicken fajita topped baked potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 handfuls of grated cheddar cheese
- 4 large handfuls of shredded roast chicken
- Spicy tomato salsa
- Sour cream dip
- Sliced red chilli
- for the side salad
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 carrots grated
- 3-4 tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Scrub the potatoes and prick the skins with a fork - bake them in the oven for around 1 hour 30 until the skins are crispy and they feel soft and tender when squeezed.
- Plate up the potatoes and break them open. Scatter each half with grated Cheddar cheese, shredded chicken and top with guacamole, salsa and sour cream add some freshly sliced chillies if you like things hot.
- Serve with a quick salad of baby spinach leaves, grated carrot, tomatoes and cucumber.
Make chicken fajita baked potatoes your way:
- Don’t like chicken? Use prawns just sprinkled with a little smoked paprika.
- Not keen on shop bought toppings? Make your own guacamole and roast tomato salsa.
- Don’t fancy baked potatoes? Try scattering the toppings over a tray of freshly baked potato wedges.
You might also like our Quick Muffin Pizzas