It’s so quick and easy to make up a batch of decorated chocolate love hearts. This is a nice treat for kids to help make to celebrate Valentine’s Day or as an easy homemade gift for Mother’s Day.
You’ll just need a couple of big bars of chocolate, whatever kind you prefer, white, milk or dark and some decorations – any type of cake sprinkle works well here.
These chocolate love hearts are so easy, fill the base of a heart shape ice cube tray with cake sprinkles, pour in the melted chocolate, leave to set, pop them out and gift wrap them.
Cute little chocolate love hearts that are perfect for Valentine's Day
- 200g white chocolate
- cake sprinkles
- First melt the chocolate - do this by breaking up the chocolate into small pieces in a jug then stand the jug in a pan of boiling water and stir the chocolate until it melts.
- Take your love heart ice cube tray and fill the bottom of the love hearts with cake sprinkles.
- Next pour in the melted chocolate.
- Put the chocolates in the fridge to set.
- Once set pop them out of the tray and wrap in tissue paper or put into little gift boxes.
Make it your way…
- Use different shapes of mould.
- Try different types of chocolate or a combination of chocolates.
- Try different flavoured chocolates – orange or minty hearts are good.
- Use different sprinkles or edible glitter.