You’ve just got to love a nice chunky peanut butter cookie, especially when they’re still warm from the oven. These chunky salty and sweet cookies are really simple to make, ready quickly and well, just perfect for going alongside that cup of coffee… or glass of milk, if you’re planning on sharing them with the kids…
Deliciously simple peanut butter cookies
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tbs peanut butter (smooth or crunchy whichever you prefer)
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Put the butter, peanut butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together until combined.
- Crack in the egg and mix well.
- Sift in the plain flour and baking powder and stir well to combine.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Using floured hands roll the cookie dough into ping pong sized balls and place on the tray.
- Squash the cookie balls down flat, using the back of a fork.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Make peanut butter cookies your way…
- Add in some chocolate chips – white or dark both work well.
- Sprinkle in some chopped peanuts and sultanas.
- Perfect for elevenses time.
- As after school snacks
- Tucked into lunch boxes.