I make no secret of just how much I adore Italian food and so I’m handing over to Daniela from Extra Virgin Olive Oil Hunters based in Milan. She’s sharing a delicious Italian Christmas cookie recipe made with olive oil. Perfect for this time of year.
Christmas cakes are essential to create that air and charming atmosphere typical of the festive season! It’s always fun to cook and bake cookies, chocolate and many other delicacies, especially with the help of the children.
Your homes will smell of Christmas and sweetness will be all around you!
The sweet recipe I’m sharing is easy and fun to make, the cookies are made with cranberries and cereal with a tasty perfume of cinnamon and orange.
To make the cookies I replace the butter with some fine Italian orange flavoured olive oil. It takes only a few spoonfuls and the result is delicious! Moreover you can eat as many as you like without feeling guilty. A great idea, especially at Christmas time.
A delicious authentic Italian Christmas cookie recipe made with fine orange flavoured olive oil.
- 300g cereals (oat flakes or similar)
- 300g flour
- 200g brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 125g vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 30g dried cranberries
- zest 1/2 orange
- 1 tbs cinnamon powder
- In a bowl mix flour, cereals, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Stir all the ingredients with a wooden spoon, add the eggs, the yoghurt and the orange olive oil and mix again until the dough is smooth and compact.
- Add the zest of half orange, the dried cranberries and a tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Mix again and let the dough stand in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160° and in the meantime flatten the dough with a rolling pin and begin shaping the dough as you prefer. I like a classic round shape.
- Put the cookies on a greaseproof paper and place it in a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with plenty of good fresh fruit and a nice hot cup of tea.
Always make Italian food with passion and love and always make cooking a family activity.