We kinda love these little double chocolate oat cookies for breakfast, with a tall glass of icy cold milk.
A delicious cookie recipe that gives a lovely soft, slightly chewy cookie. Nicest when they’re just cooling from the oven and the chocolate chunks are still melty.
Yummy little cookies.
- 125g butter - room temperature
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 140g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 80g oats
- 100g chocolate - chopped into chunks
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the butter and sugar in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Crack in the egg and add the vanilla bean paste, and mix well, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and oats and mix into a stiff batter.
- Stir through the chocolate chunks.
- Using floured hands roll the batter into ping pong sized balls and place on to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Gently press the cookies down slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes then remove and lift of the cookies gently and cool on a wire rack.
Make it your way…
- Skip the cocoa powder and keep the cookies plain.
- Try different flavoured chocolate chunks like mint or orange.
- Stir through a handful of raisins.
- Good for breakfast with milk and fruit.
- In lunch boxes.
- As afternoon snack.