This is a great recipe for busy mums. It really is a matter of throwing 5 things into the crockpot and leaving it to cook. Great for a school night and the added bonus of kids just LOVE chicken fajitas!
The Crockpot chicken fajitas are the ultimate make-ahead meal, simple, tasty, easy and packs in the portions of veggies. I like to serve the Crockpot chicken fajitas with a few extras like crisp lettuce, cucumber slices, a scattering of diced fresh tomatoes, grated cheddar and real guacamole which takes only a few minutes to make and you can make it up and keep it in the fridge until ready to use.
This is one of the easiest family recipes I cook and I’m guaranteed clean plates when I serve it up. Simply heat the crockpot then quickly slice up two onions and two peppers and scatter them into the crockpot, place the whole chicken breasts on top. So there’s no faffing around chopping up raw chicken. Then scatter over the top a tbs of sweet smoked paprika and two tsp of dried oregano. Pop the lid on and leave to cook. Around 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Once cooked I lift out the chicken breasts and drain any cooking liquid from the onions and peppers, shred the chicken and mix the whole lot together.
Stuff into fajitas and add whatever toppings you like.
A really easy family meal the kids will love.
- for the chicken
- Olive oil
- 2 peppers - sliced
- 2 onions - sliced
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbs smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- to serve
- flour tortillas
- grated cheese
- Heat the slow cooker to low and lightly grease the slow cooker pan with olive oil.
- Add the sliced peppers and onions to the pan.
- Lie the chicken breasts on top.
- Scatter over the smoked paprika and dried oregano.
- Cover with the lid and cook for around 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- If cooking on high it takes around 4-5 hours.
- Once cooked shred the chicken breast and remove the peppers and onions from any cooking liquid. Serve stuffed into flour tortillas with toppings.