These easy firework cookies are just so simple, this is more of a cookie decoration activity for kids than an actual recipe but it’s fun, yum and not too much mess…. And these cookies are perfect for Bonfire Night parties.
You’ll need a pack of large cookies, you can make your own if you’ve time, just grab your favourite cookie recipe here. We simply melt some white chocolate and using food dye gel, colour it a gorgeous violet, then drizzle onto the cookies and pile on the glitzy sprinkles and glitter. Be sure to use food dye gel not liquid food colouring otherwise it ruins the chocolate.
The easiest ever firework cookies, perfect for Bonfire Night parties.
- 8 large shop bought cookies
- 120g white chocolate
- violet food colouring gel
- sparkly cake sprinkles
- Break up the white chocolate into pieces and add it into a glass jug stood in a pan of boiling water, stir to help it melt.
- Drop in the food dye gel and mix until you have the colour you want.
- Drizzle over the cookies in a firework explosion pattern.
- Sprinkle on the cake sparkles.
- Leave to set.
make it your way…
- make more artistic drizzly swirly designs – my kids just like the whole *explosion* theme…
- cook up your own batch of cookies.
- dye your chocolate any colour you like
- use whatever sprinkles and glitter you fancy
- perfect for Bonfire Night parties.
- great for kids party food.
- a nice little baking activity for a rainy day