Here at Daisies & Pie we just love Ecover products, especially the laundry liquid and fabric conditioner. It’s the brand we buy week-in-week-out and have done for many years. It’s the only laundry liquid I’ve ever been 100% happy with.
And here’s why…
- It always gets out the dirt, which is really important, especially when you’ve got young kids who never ever come home from school without wearing the contents of their day on the front, sides and back of their clothes.
- I know it will get the clothes clean, so I’m never fussed or stressed about the kids wearing whatever clothes they want, to do whatever they want to do – climb trees, splash through muddy puddles or eat ketchup splattered food.
- It’s kind to their skin. It’s never caused them to have itchy, irritated skin which has been an issue with other brands of laundry products.
- It smells really nice. An understated fresh smell, like the laundry dried outdoors, even on days it didn’t. The scent isn’t overpowering, it just smells fresh and clean.
- And obviously I like the fact it’s eco friendly, natural and uses plant-based cleaning technology.
Ecover have sent over some ‘lighten the load laundry tips’ for us to try out – some we already use and some we’ll definitely be trying out in future.
Washing machine maintenance
Keep your washing machine clean – we do this naturally with vinegar and soda crystals – you can get our ‘how to clean the washing machine guide‘ here.
Think about adding a weekly laundry schedule to your housework routine – that way washing won’t mount up and you’ll probably save time, and maybe manage to do one or two less wash loads a week!
Sort your washing
Sorting your laundry properly means your clothes will wash better, look better and last longer.
When possible treat stains straight away with Ecover stain remover. You can also pre-treat stains using household ingredients too.
- white soap for ink stains works well.
- hair shampoo for tough greasy stains.
- and rolled up bread to blot off lipstick marks
Caffeinate your jeans
If your favourite black jeans are looking old and dull, soak them in a bucket of black coffee before washing – the natural tannins in the coffee act as a dye to rejuvenate tired denim!
Clean up your whites
Brighten greying whites by adding 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the wash to give them a new lease of life.
Those last two tips are new to us and ones we’ll definitely be trying out!
Disclosure – this is a sponsored post on behalf of Ecover, for full details of my disclosure policy read here.