Get your mouth around this amazing hipster brunch. In true hipster fashion you’ll be sat out on an urban terrace, watching a busy cityscape, reminiscing about last night … but hey, this brunch is just as good curled up on the sofa watching Sunday Brunch on C4.
To throw together a plate of this amazing brunch, you need to work quickly. Toast your sourdough and slather with butter. Quickly fry the baby plum tomatoes in olive oil, scramble your eggs spiked with the fresh chilli slices and quickly crisp up the chorizo.
To serve load up the sourdough with the chilli scrambled eggs, crumble over the feta and top with crispy chorizo, serve with a side of fried baby plum tomatoes and sprinkle the whole lot with freshly chopped parsley and cracked black pepper.
Brunch in total style.
- 4 slices sourdough with butter for spreading
- 250g baby plum tomatoes - sliced into halves
- 4 large eggs
- dash of milk
- red chilli sliced
- 50g feta cheese (more if you like)
- 50g chorizo slices
- olive oil
- handful flat leaf parsley - roughly chopped
- black pepper
- Toast the sourdough and butter then keep warm until ready to top.
- Heat a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and briskly fry the baby plum tomatoes until just softening - turn off the heat but leave them in the pan to keep warm.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and red chilli then add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan and quickly scramble until just setting but still nice and creamy.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and crisp up the chorizo slices - they literally take a few seconds each side.
- Load up the hipster brunch - top the sourdough with the scrambled eggs, crumble over the feta cheese, lay on the crispy chorizo. Serve with a side of fried baby plum tomatoes and sprinkle over the chopped flat leaf parsley and cracked black pepper.
make it your way…
- go veggie and skip the chorizo
- swap the chorizo for crispy bacon
- skip the chilli if you don’t like heat