Splattering ink all over your favourite shirt is super annoying!
Don’t worry about it. It’s not necessarily ruined here’s how to get the ink stain out of your clothing without using bleach or stain removal detergent. We’ll be using plain white value soap to do most of the hard work. This is a great product to have in at home it’s not only good for removing ink stains but a whole host of other little household cleaning jobs too.
What you need:
- White soap – I always use Tesco Everyday Value soap it costs just 15p per bar!
- Old toothbrush
- Usual laundry liquid – I use Ecover non-bio laundry liquid
- 1 cup soda crystals
What you do:
- Dampen the stain with warm water
- Rub the stain with the white soap
- Brush the ink stain gently with the toothbrush. Be sure to brush gently you don’t want to damage the fabric.
- Rinse away the soap under a warm running tap. You’ll see that the ink stain is already much much fainter. Depending on how large the stain is you may need to repeat the soap rubbing and toothbrushing a couple of times.
- Put the shirt into the washing machine with your usual laundry liquid. Add a cup full of soda crystals to the detergent draw. Wash on the usual shirt cycle 40 degrees.
- Once the shirt dries – you can see that the ink stain has gone.
Not bad for a 15p laundry hack.
You might also like our guide to sorting laundry