The kids have seen these galaxy jars on loads of different YouTube videos lately and were just desperate to have a go at making their own. So Saturday night seems the perfect night for making a mess with glow in the dark liquid….
What we used:
- Clean empty jar
- 4 glow sticks – I used the small bracelet style sticks
- Around a tsp of glitter
What we did:
- First crack the glow sticks to get them glowing.
- Next snip off both ends of the glow stick – let the ends drop into the jar.
- Push a straw into the end of the glow stick and blow all the glowing liquid into the jar.
- Next add the glitter.
- Seal the jar and shake like crazy to spread the glowing glitter all around the jar.
- Turn out the lights and glow!
Hints & tips:
- It’s best to keep a close eye on the kids whilst they’re blowing glowing liquid around… because now when the lights go out my kitchen looks like outer space!
Have a fab time making your galaxy glow jars! This is an awesome thing to do with kids UK.