I don’t hide the fact that I just love a good spring clean. Ditching all the unwanted clutter, giving rooms a thorough clean so that everything sparkles, putting everything back neat and looking good it really makes me happy. So this week we’re continuing our spring cleaning theme and heading up to the bedroom.
As you know I do tend to champion the more natural non-toxic cleaning products or homemade when I can. I just think they’re so much better for the environment and you and especially better around kids. They also tend to have a much more pleasant scent.
Again you’ll need to set aside either a morning or an afternoon to give the bedroom a thorough spring clean – if you’re doing kids rooms get them helping out to.
As always when spring cleaning, get the windows open wide and the music loud. Makes it so much better.
Things you’ll need to spring clean the bedroom
- cleaning cloths
- surface cleaner – I like Method Multi-Surface Cleaner in French Lavender it smells divine and you can clean most surfaces with it.
- window cleaner – you can make your own natural window cleaner this leaves glass streak free.
- vacuum cleaner
- bags/boxes for rubbish and clutter to give away
- The Daisies & Pie Spring Clean the Bedroom Checklist
How to spring clean the bedroom
- Empty the wardrobes and draws. Sort through your clothes and belongings, get rid of items no longer wanted. Pack away your cold weather clothing and shoes and store until next winter. Vacuum and clean the inside of the wardrobes and draws. Unpack warm weather clothing and shoes and arrange in the clean cupboards. Here’s how to fold your clothes like they do in a store.
- Declutter and clean on tops of wardrobes
- Declutter and clean all surfaces
- Clean door handles and light switches – you might want to do this with a little tea tree infused soapy water – soak cloth in the water and wring out until only just damp.
- Vacuum light shades
- Windows – take down and clean the curtains (as per washing instructions), vacuum and wipe blinds, vacuum window vents, wash the windows and clean the windowsills.
- Clean mirrors – we use our natural window cleaner for this job.
- Vacuum under and behind all furniture.
- Vacuum and wipe down all woodwork – doors, skirting boards etc.
- Wash and store winter bedding – bring out lighter spring/summer bedding.
- Vacuum mattress and all parts of the bed.
- Make up bed with clean summer – light weight bedding.
- Vacuum the floor.
And once you’ve got things clean and organised try out our Easy Housework Routine to keep on top of things. It breaks down housework into manageable daily, weekly and monthly tasks.