Italian tuna and bean salad is one of my favourite quick lunches. Easy to throw together, tasty and filling. Also tastes good as a healthy lunch box filler.
Italian Tuna and Bean Salad
Really tasty lunch salad
- 160g tin of tuna
- 150g tin borlotti beans - I use the Cirio Borlotti Express beans
- 2 tbs balsamic salad dressing
- 1 tsp capers
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 red onion - finely sliced
- Little Gem lettuce - finely shredded
- 1/2 punnet cress
- 150g cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/4 cucumber - sliced
- Drain the tuna and beans and tip them into a small bowl.
- Add the capers, oregano, red onion and pour over the Balsamic dressing, stir gently to mix everything together.
- Take two plates and share the lettuce, cress, cucumbers and tomatoes between the them.
- Tip over the tuna and bean mixture.
Make Italian Tuna & Bean Salad your way
- Switch the beans for any other type you like or even sweetcorn or chickpeas.
- Marinate the tuna in pesto and lemon juice instead of Balsamic dressing.
- Throw in a handful of black olives.
How to serve Italian Tuna & Bean Salad
- Serve for lunch with some fresh bread.
- Put into lunch boxes and take to work.
- As a picnic dish.