Kale and kids don’t ever go hand in hand…. but…. if you make a big tub of kale chips it’s a whole different story.
Kale chips are very moreish and just the right type of ‘picky’ size for little children to munch on. They’re great served alongside an after school snack or pop a small portion into lunch boxes. Also fab as a little side dish with a stir fry.
Super easy to make and a recipe kids like to help cook.
Super quick healthy snack.
- 180g bag of kale - pre-washed and ready to eat - ensure the kale is dry.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt (generous pinch)
- Preheat the oven to around 150C
- Pull any big thick kale stalks out of the kale bag just leaving the nice leaves.
- Toss the kale with the olive oil, salt and sugar and mix really well with your hands to coat all the leaves.
- Spread onto a large foil lined baking tray in a single layer then cook for around 10-15 minutes until the leaves are just browning on the outsides and nice and crisp.
Great in lunch boxes or alongside after school snacks.