You’re just going to love this recipe! Lazy one pan tomato pasta is one of my favourite things to cook. It’s easy to prepare, quick to cook and tastes just delicious.
Cirio sent over some of their delicious tomato products for me to have a play with. I must admit it is the brand I usually buy, their tinned tomatoes always without fail are thick, flavoursome and sweet tasting, practically a sauce in themselves before I even start to add extra ingredients.
My kids like to add toppings to this pasta dish, so I put out little bowls of grated parmesan cheese, mini mozzarella balls, shredded ham, fresh basil and black olives for them to help themselves to.
Deliciously easy pasta recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300g orchiaetta pasta
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- sat and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large non-stick wok style pan, one with a lid. Tip in the garlic and onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pasta, vegetable stock, tomato puree and herbs, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and put the lid on.
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes. Stir a couple of times and if necessary add more stock.
Make lazy one pan tomato pasta your way
- Add a little heat with a pinch of red chilli flakes.
- Make more of it by stirring through tinned tuna and a handful of black olives 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Up the veggies by stirring through a tin of borlotti beans and a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach leaves.
How to serve lazy one pan tomato pasta
- Fab for busy weeknights, especially as you can can let all the kids add in the toppings they like at the table, great for picky eaters.
- It tastes great cold next day, so pack up any leftovers in a lunchbox and take them with you.
Disclosure: the Cirio tomatoes used in this recipe were sent over free of charge from Cirio.