These lemon drizzle cupcakes are just too good! Moist, light, deliciously lemony and really easy to make too.
They’re the perfect size for adding to a little afternoon tea spread alongside some freshly baked scones and finger sandwiches.
Easy peasy lemon cakes.
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- zest of a lemon
- 125g self raising flour
- juice of 2 lemons
- 50g caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Mix together the butter and caster sugar until fluffy and light. Slowly add the beaten egg and combine.
- Add the lemon zest and self raising flour and stir gently to combine.
- Divide the cake batter between the cake cases.
- Bake in the oven for around 12 minutes until light brown.
- Whilst the cakes are baking gently warm the lemon juice and sugar over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the cakes are out of the oven prick small holes into the tops of them with a cocktail stick and pour over the lemon drizzle.
Make it your way…
- Switch the lemons for oranges and turn them into orange drizzle cupcakes.