Quick to make, ideal midweek meal, tasty, comforting and for those who like things hot – add a pinch of chilli flakes.
The most simple italian meal you can make.
- approx. 200g linguine
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- handful of rosemary leaves finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil - add a glug of olive oil, drop in the linguine allow to soften slightly then push it under the water with a large spoon, bring the pan back to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer with the lid off for around 10 minutes - stir regularly to prevent the linguine from sticking together.
- meanwhile whilst the linguine is cooking…
- Heat a puddle of olive oil in a large pan over a very low heat and add the garlic - stir gently and allow it to warm through and flavour the oil.
- Throw in the chopped rosemary leaves and turn off the heat - just keep to one side until the linguine is cooked.
- Drain the linguine and toss it into the pan with the garlic, rosemary and olive oil - stir well to coat all the strands.
- Serve in small dishes - you could add a sprinkling of chilli flakes if you want to spice things up, or a grating of fresh lemon zest or a scattering of parmesan shavings.
Eat it whilst it’s hot - it’s just delicious and satisfying.