I know this isn’t the prettiest of breakfasts… but, it tastes amazing! Mexican scrambled eggs are definitely a good thing.
They’re quick to make, packed with vegetables and get a big hit of flavour from chorizo slices and some freshly chopped chillies.
A delicious way to serve eggs with spice!
- splash of olive oil
- 1 red chilli - finely chopped
- 1 pepper - finely sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes - chopped
- 300g cooked new potatoes - chopped into bitesize pieces
- 50g chorizo slices - snipped into strips
- 4 eggs
- Add a splash of olive oil to a non-stick pan. Tip in the chillies, pepper, tomatoes and onions and gently fry until the veggies are softened and the potatoes warmed through.
- Scatter in the sliced chorizo and fry for a minute or two.
- Tip in the eggs and stir so everything mixes together and the eggs cook, this will only take a couple of minutes.
Make it your way…
- add in chopped jalapeño for even more spice
- use chopped ham or bacon instead of chorizo.
- serve in tacos or soft flour tortillas
- Delicious as a weekend brunch.
- Quick and easy lunch.