Use the leftover roast chicken from Sunday dinner to whip up this tasty, flavour packed pesto chicken salad sandwich for Monday lunchtime.
A delicious combo of pesto, creamy mayonnaise and roast chicken tossed together and packed into a sandwich with Italian style salad leaves.
We quite like a little side of Yushoi Snapea rice sticks, they’re tasty little rice and pea baked snacks, totally yum!
Delicious way to use up leftover roast chicken
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp pesto
- handful of cold roast chicken
- handful of black olives pitted
- 2 handfuls of Italian style salad leaves
- Mix the mayonnaise and pesto together in a bowl.
- Chop the roast chicken into small pieces add it to the pesto mayonnaise along with the black olives.
- Stir well to mix everything together.
- Butter the bread if you like then add the Italian salad leaves, then top with the pesto chicken and squash on the top slice of bread.
Make pesto chicken salad sandwiches your way…
- If you’ve no leftover chicken, use a steamed chicken breast or shop bought chicken chunks.
- Switch the green pesto for other varieties.
- Add more protein and stir through some cooked borlotti beans.
- Up the veggie content by adding some jarred peppers or sun dried tomatoes.
- Serve on different types of bread, ciabatta rolls work well.
How to serve up chicken salad sandwiches
- Take for packed lunch, wrap well in foil or greaseproof paper.
- Eat for Monday night dinner with a side of sweet potato wedges.
- Skip the sandwiches and turn it into baked potato topping or simply a salad bowl.