The Sainsbury’s Basics range have really taken over Daisies & Pie this week! This recipe has been created as part of a challenge from Sainsbury’s to cook up some yummy recipe with their Basics range.
Today we have some lovely little fruit flapjacks for you. A great little lunchbox recipe.
We’ve used Sainsbury’s Basics butter and mixed fruit in these little lunchbox treats. I only cook them for a short amount of time in the oven as I like them still a bit chewy but you can bake them longer if you like more crunch!
a nice budget recipe - low cost and filling
- 200g butter (I used Sainsbury’s Basics)
- 6 dessert spoons of golden syrup
- 200g mixed dried fruit (I used Sainsbury’s Basics)
- 300g rolled oats
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a tin lightly with butter (I use a roasting tin to make these in approx. 20cm x 20cm
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and syrup together until warm and melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats and dried fruit - stir well to make sure everything is coated in the melted butter and syrup.
- Transfer the mixture the the greased tin and flatten down with a spoon.
- Bake for around 18 minutes for soft chewy flapjacks - a little longer if your like more crunch.
It's easier to cut these into portions whilst the flapjacks are still warm.
Perfect wrapped in a little greaseproof paper and popped into lunch boxes. A great budget recipe an ideal easy family recipe.
Disclaimer: The Sainsbury’s Basics products used in this recipe were sent to me free of charge from Sainsbury’s.