A super quick tea time treat and one to get the kids helping with the cooking. A really quick kid-friendly recipe.
These mini muffin pizzas topped with pesto tuna, mozzarella and cheddar with a squirt of ketchup take only minutes to make. Served with baked beans, sweetcorn and tomato wedges these make a great quick and easy tea for a weeknight.
Super quick and easy kids tea time treat - get the kids to help you cook it!
- For the pizza
- 4 English muffins
- 1 large tin tuna
- 1 heaped tbs pesto
- 1 ball mozzarella - cut into small cubes
- 2 handfuls of grated cheddar
- To serve
- Tomato ketchup
- Baked beans
- Tomato wedges
- Heat the grill to high.
- Cut each muffin in half and place on the grill pan.
- Mix the tuna and pesto together in a bowl then divide between the muffins. Scatter the mozzarella and cheddar over the pizzas.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and browning.
Serve the pizzas with baked beans, sweetcorn and tomato wedges to really pack in the vegetables.
Make it your way:
- Switch the toppings – try ham & pepper, tomato & cheese, BBQ chicken & corn.
- Make it wheat free by using potato waffles as a base instead of muffins.