This is really quick prawn fried rice, seriously you’ll be eating in around 10 minutes, a great recipe for a busy weeknight or when you want a hit of spice but don’t want to wait for take-out to be delivered.
Easy to prepare, flavoursome and super healthy.
Really quick prawn fried rice
- 1/2 onion (or 2-3 spring onions) finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 1 small courgette - diced
- handful of sweetcorn
- 300g cooked king prawns
- 1 sachet of brown microwavable rice
- splash of olive oil
- squirt of sriracha hot chilli sauce
- Add a splash of oil to the frying pan or wok and tip in all the vegetables and briskly stir fry over a medium/high heat.
- Meanwhile microwave the rice.
- As the vegetables start to soften add the prawns and heat through.
- Mix in the cooked rice and add a squirt of Sriracha hot chilli sauce - as much or as little as you like. You can also add a drizzle of soy sauce here too if you like.
Make it your way…
- Serve alongside our gorgeous quick cucumber pickles, just chop up some cucumber and dress with a tsp of soy sauce and tsp of rice wine vinegar- that’s it, done.
- Use chicken instead of prawn, but be sure to cook the chicken for longer, until no pink remains.
- Go veggie and add in mushrooms, baby corn and peas instead of the prawns.
- Perfect fake-out take-out recipe.
- Great on a busy weeknight.