This recipe was created as part of the Sainsbury’s Love your Leftovers challenge. Sainsbury’s challenged me to cook a roast dinner of my choice and creatively use up the leftovers. So roast beef dinner eaten, the next evening we had Amazing Roast Beef Sandwiches and tonight it was the turn of Really Quick Beef Fried Rice. This is such a quick meal idea – I do use cheats because I want it ready quickly and I want it to be very little cooking and effort. A fab easy family recipe.
Make the most of the Sunday roast by using up your leftovers - this is a super quick beef fried rice makes an easy Monday night dinner.
- Leftover roast beef - at least a couple of slices - cut into strips
- 1 tsp five spice
- 1 tbs honey
- A small onion - diced
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of frozen sweetcorn
- 6 blocks of frozen chopped spinach
- Soy sauce to taste
- Splash of olive oil/sunflower oil
- 2 packs of microwave rice - I like the Tilda Egg Fried Rice
- Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan or wok over a medium heat - add the beef strips, five spice and honey and briskly stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the onions, spinach, peas and corn and briskly stir fry over a medium heat for around 8 minutes until everything has warmed through.
- Meanwhile - cook the microwave rice and then add it to the pan and mix well.
- Add a few splashes of soy sauce and stir through.
Divide into dishes and serve with prawn crackers. If you like things hot stir through some Thai sweet chilli sauce.
Disclaimer – Sainsbury’s provided the ingredients for the roast dinner free of charge.