Scrambled eggs with tomatoes on wholegrain toast makes a really quick lunch. Ready in just a couple of minutes and perfect for squeezing an extra portion of vegetables into your day.
This is one of my favourite busy day lunch recipes!
Super quick lunch recipe
- Splash of olive oil
- 8 baby plum tomatoes sliced into quarters so they cook quickly.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 slices of wholegrain toast
- knob of butter
- black pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil to a small saucepan and cook the tomatoes until soft.
- Whilst the tomatoes cook, make the toast, butter it and place on the plate ready.
- Tip the eggs into the tomatoes and stir gently over a low heat until they're nicely scrambled.
- Put the tomato and eggs onto the toast, add a sprinkling of black pepper.
Make scrambled eggs and tomatoes your way
- Add in some finely chopped garlic and spring onions.
- Stir through some chopped chives.
- Swap the tomatoes for courgettes or mushrooms.
How to serve scrambled eggs and tomatoes
- Serve on freshly made wholegrain toast, choose a seeded bread for added nutritional value.
- Use to fill a soft flour tortilla.
- Serve spooned over avocado.