Super simple seared Cajun tuna that’s great for weeknight cooking as it’s ready just so quickly! This mouthwatering tuna dish is fast becoming a favourite here.
You can serve it up with whatever you fancy, for ease I like to throw it on top of a shop bought sweet and crunchy salad, maybe add a side oven fries or plain boiled rice. Healthy, nutritious and oh so yum!
Quick, flavoursome midweek meal.
- butter or oil for frying
- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- sea salt
- Heat a frying pan and pour in a drizzle of oil or knob of butter. When it's hot add the tuna steaks, sprinkle over the cajun seasoning and add sea salt to taste.
- Fry for around 4 minutes on one side then gently flip the steaks and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until they cooked through to your liking.
Make seared Cajun tuna your way…
- Switch the tuna for salmon, or even chunky fat king prawns.
- Go spicier and add a pinch of red chilli flakes.
- Switch the Cajun seasoning for Italian herbs or curry paste.
How to serve seared Cajun tuna
- For speed with a side of microwave rice – try the flavoured packs for added taste.
- Slice and serve over a huge salad, drizzled with a garlic mayonnaise and squeeze of lemon.
- When I make this for the kids, they like it separate from the salad… and with a side of oven fries and pot of salsa for dipping.
- Try slicing the tuna steaks and serving with salad in toasted pitta breads or wrapped in warmed tortillas.