Our slow cooker cajun chicken has just five ingredients and takes less than ten minutes to throw together, making it perfect for busy weekdays.
This smells absolutely delicious as it cooks, definitely a great dish to come home to.
Deliciously spicy slow cooker chicken.
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 pepper roughly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200g passata
- 2-3 tsp of cajun seasoning
- Heat the slow cooker and rub the base of the slow cooker pan with just a tiny splash of oil.
- Add the onions and peppers then lay on the chicken breasts, pour over the passata and sprinkle over the cajun seasoning. Add salt if using.
- Cook on high for around 4 hours or low for around 8 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts and if the sauce needs thickening add a couple of teaspoons of cornflower to a cup and mix into a loose paste with water, pour it into the sauce and stir to thicken.
Make it your way…
- add in more veggies or a can of beans.
- serve with chips or potato wedges instead of rice
- go less spicy and add just a shake of cajun.
- fab for busy weeknight dinner.
- if you want life to be really easy use microwave rice, ready in just 2 minutes and serve with a side of shop bought coleslaw.