A flavoursome Spanish chicken stew cooked in the slow cooker and simply packed with delicious warming Spanish flavours. A really healthy, filling family dinner.
It’s easy to throw this stew together in the morning before you go out, all the vegetables are chunkily chopped making it quick to make. You can make this with fresh peppers but I prefer the jarred ones, they give a sweeter flavour.
Delicious Mediterranean style chicken stew
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 red onion - chunkily chopped
- 3 carrots - chunkily chopped
- 2 sticks celery - sliced
- 3 jarred peppers - chopped
- 500g diced chicken
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Add the all the ingredients to the crock-pot, stir well. I bring it to the boil on the hob first and then cook in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
Make slow cooker Spanish chicken stew your way
- Stir in a tin of chick peas and some chopped spinach for the lat 30 minutes of cooking.
- Add in some sliced cooking chorizo sausages with the ingredients at the beginning of the recipe.
How to serve slow cooker Spanish chicken
- Serve spooned into dishes, sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley and crusty bread for mopping up the juices.