Earn yourself all of the ‘good mummy points’ by whipping up a batch of these Smarties cookies. Kids love Smarties and they love cookies so what could be better?
These Smarties cookies take just a few minutes to mix together and there’s no rolling or shaping just dropping the batter onto the baking sheet and 10 minutes in the oven. Simple.
The Smarties make the cookies nice and colourful so they’re a good bake for a party or cake sale.
Smarties Cookies, Smarties Cookies, Smarties Cookies!
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g oats
- 3 tubes of Smarties
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Put the butter, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Crack in the egg and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, oats and Smarties and stir well to mix everything together into a sticky dough.
- Scoop up dessertspoonfuls of cookie dough and drop onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until just browning.
- Pop the cookies onto a rack to cool.
Make a fab after school snack with a glass of icy cold milk or dipped into a hot chocolate.
You’re also going to just love….