This is a really quick dinner to make – easy, no fuss and really tasty. A good family dinner. A little Italian twist to the humble festive sprout!
Serving up the humble sprout with an italian twist - fab quick pasta meal.
- approx. 400g spaghetti - I used whole wheat
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 4 large handfuls of sprout flowers or roughly chopped sprouts
- 8 slices of smoked bacon - chopped into large pieces
- pinch of chilli flakes
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil - add a glug of olive oil, drop in the spaghetti and allow to soften slightly then push it under the water with a large spoon, bring the pan back to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer with the lid off for around 10-12 minutes - stir regularly to prevent the spaghetti from sticking together.
- meanwhile whilst the spaghetti is cooking…
- Heat a puddle of olive oil in a large pan over a very medium heat and add the garlic - stir gently as it sizzles.
- Add the bacon and allow to cook for a few minutes until starting to brown.
- Throw in the sprout flowers and stir fry until they are just tender.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss it into the pan with the bacon and sprouts - toss it well to coat the spaghetti with the lovely bacon and garlic flavours.
Serve in dishes with a sprinkling of chilli flakes.