These sticky BBQ sausages are perfect for serving up when you need to feed a crowd and want something easy, low fuss and that tastes good!
I usually throw together a tray of these if the kids have got friends over for dinner and I make them the easy way with lots of cheats and time-savers.
The sticky BBQ sausages are simply oven baked adding a squeeze of BBQ sauce for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve them in crusty mini French baguettes with coleslaw, salsa and corn cobs… maybe a side of fries.
Delicious, easy and perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 16 sausages
- 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce
- 8 mini French baguettes
- Coleslaw - either shop bought or homemade coleslaw
- Salsa - either shop bought or homemade salsa
- 8 mini corn cobs
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the sausages into a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the sausages from the oven and add a big squirt of BBQ sauce to them, toss them around to coat them nicely then put back into the oven and continue to cook for around 10 minutes - until they're cooked through and lovely and sticky on the outside.
- Serve the sticky BBQ sausages in mini French baguettes with slaw and salsa. Corn cobs and fries on the side.
Make it your way…
- use sweet chilli sauce instead of BBQ sauce for a spicy version.
- skip the salsa and opt for a sweetcorn relish.
- try brioche hot dog rolls instead of French baguettes.
- Go veggie and use Quorn sausages.
- cook them on the BBQ instead of oven.
- perfect for serving up to the kids when friends come for tea.
- eat as an easy lazy dinner in the garden on summer days.
- When it comes to coleslaw, when we cheat, we buy the coleslaw salad mix bags from Tesco that come with a little sachet of creme fraiche mayonnaise dressing. Chunkier veggies and less calories than the little shop bought tubs from the dip section, because you can add just as much dressing as you fancy. And when you throw it together it looks all lovely and homemade like this… Nice!