My best ham salad recipe, it’s really easy, really fast and really yum.
You can throw this recipe together in literally minutes, it makes a tasty, healthy lunch that’s totally loaded with flavour. Just gather all your favourite salad ingredients and add a few tasty extras, for me it has to be smoked ham and a tangy extra mature cheddar cheese, but feel free to play around with the flavours to suit yourself.
Totally moreish ham and cheese salad
- Bag salad leaves
- 4 vine tomatoes - sliced
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced
- 250g baby beetroot - sliced into halves
- 2 large carrots - grated
- 340g tin sweetcorn
- 300g smoked ham slices - snipped into strips
- 150g mature cheddar cheese - grated
- 2 heaped tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Get yourself four plates and share out all the salad ingredients between the plates - I like to load mine up - salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, baby beets, sweetcorn, ham then cheese.
- Mix up the mustard mayo - just add the two ingredients together and stir into each other. Drizzle over the salads.
Make it your way…
- Switch the ham for chicken or turkey.
- Skip the cheddar and mix up a blue cheese mayo instead.
- Add crunch with a scattering of croutons
- Go low fat, skip the cheese and use low fat mayo.
- Tasty, easy midweek meal, just add crusty bread rolls.
- Quick lunch recipe.
- Fab in lunch boxes – just pack the mayo separately and add when ready to eat.
- Great for picnics.