The yummiest creme egg cookies I have ever made. The edges are just starting to crunch the middle is chewy and the creme eggs just swirl meltingly into the cookie dough they are an absolute dream.
These make a fab bake for kids parties or as a little treat and of course would be an ideal Easter recipe.
And smashing up Creme Eggs is rather a delicious task requiring a lot of finger licking!
The yummiest Creme Egg cookies mmmm
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft butter
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 3 Cadbury’s Creme Eggs
- 180g self raising flour
- Heat he oven to 180C and grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup and mix well.
- Chop the creme eggs into rough chunks.
- Stir half the flour into the butter and sugar and mix well.
- Tip in the chunks of creme egg and mix.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix into a stiff dough using your hands.
- Roll walnut sized ball of dough between hands and place well spaced on the baking tray.
- Squash each cookie down slightly using a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes - they will still be soft and only just turning golden - leave them to cool on the tray for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Creme Egg cookies are scrummy, you’ll probably be needing a whole lot more than 12.
A great recipe for using up leftover Easter chocolate too.