This is the easiest, cheat’iest apple crumble ever! Beautiful tangy Bramley apples, sweet and sticky toffee sauce and the easiest crumbliest topping. It’s quick to make, tastes like you spent a whole lot longer over it and is great for serving after autumn dinners or at Bonfire Night parties, drizzled with custard.
Just peel and slice the apples into a pie dish, pour over the toffee sauce I used Joe & Seph’s sticky toffee sauce, which is so good! Then top with the cheat’s crumble topping (I’ve only just found this little product – from McDougalls so thought I’d give it a try)
Bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes or until it’s golden on top and the toffee apple filling is oozing through.
Delicious with custard, vanilla ice cream or a dollop of proper Cornish clotted cream.
Total delicious cheat toffee apple crumble
- 4 large Bramley apples
- 230g Toffee sauce
- 450g Crumble topping
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Thinly slice the apples into a pie dish.
- Stir in the toffee sauce.
- Scatter over the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until the crumble is golden and the sticky toffee apple filling oozing though.
make it your way…
- use any apples you fancy.
- add sliced pears in with the apples.
- skip the toffee sauce
- add a handful of oats to the crumble topping.
- perfect dessert for after Sunday dinner.
- great for Bonfire Night parties.