Okay, you’re going to love this tomato and spinach gnocchi bake recipe because it’s ready so fast, it’s flavoursome and just ideal for a busy weeknight. If your kids don’t like gnocchi, then just switch it for some fresh pasta which will still cook quickly.
Easy, quick and totally delicious.
- 2 x 400g tins/cartons of finely chopped tomatoes with chilli
- 6 discs of frozen spinach
- 800g fresh gnocchi
- 250g ball mozzarella
- Splash of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Make the quick sauce, just add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan, tip in the chopped tomatoes, add the frozen spinach and season with salt and black pepper.
- Whilst the sauce cooks, add the gnocchi to a pan of boiling salted water and cook as per the packet instructions (usually takes around 3 minutes)
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Drain the gnocchi and stir into the tomato and chilli sauce - tip into a baking dish and dot the top with pieces of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook under a hot grill until the cheese starts to melt and brown.
- Serve just as it is or add a side salad.
Make tomato and spinach gnocchi your way
- Switch the tomatoes with chilli for the ones with basil for a milder taste.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella.
- Add a creamy touch and stir through some cream cheese or mascarpone.
How to serve tomato and spinach gnocchi
- Serve alongside some garlicky crostini for mopping up the juices.
- Add a fresh crunchy salad, simply dressed with lemon juice.