Tuna bolognese is a great go-to family meal for a busy weeknight. It’s ready to eat in just 15 minutes, low fuss and really tasty. A quick and easy kid friendly dinner.
Our tuna bolognese is a store cupboard version so it’s a recipe you can make even if you’ve had no time to shop for fresh ingredients. It also tastes good cold, so you can use up any leftovers in packed lunches next day.
Really quick and really tasty.
- 50g tin of anchovies
- 1 tsp Very Lazy garlic
- 400g carton of chopped tomatoes with basil
- 120g tun of tuna
- handful of sliced black olives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 280g dried fusilli pasta
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan add the anchovies and oil from the can, over a low heat, stir and mush the anchovies until they cook into the oil.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tinned tuna, olives and oregano, mix, then bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for around 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain the pasta and tip it into the tuna bolognese sauce, mix and serve.
Make it your way…
- Add a pinch of chilli flakes for a spicy kick
- Serve with mini boiled potatoes patatas bravas style instead of pasta
- Eat as a tuna stew and mop up the juices with toasted ciabatta
- Great for busy weeknights.
- Quick lunch.
- Fab cold in packed lunches.