An awesome tuna pasta salad that’s perfect for throwing into a lunchbox.
You’ll only need 10 minutes to cook up a pot of tuna pasta salad, easy and quick enough to make in the morning before work or school.
Cook up a pan of pasta shapes, once cooked run them under the cold tap to cool quickly then add tuna, pesto, cucumber, red pepper strips and black olives. Toss it all together, that’s it. Easy and counts as 2 of your 5 a day.
Easy tuna pasta salad that's great for lunch
- 50g dried pasta shapes
- splash of olive oil
- 1/2 can of tuna
- 2 inch wedge of cucumber - cut into slices
- 1/2 red pepper - cut into strips
- handful of black olives
- 2 tsp green pesto
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add a swirl of olive oil and tip in the pasta, bring the pan back to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes - stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Once the pasta is cooked tip it into a colander and rinse under the cold tap to cool it quickly.
- Add the tuna, cucumber, peppers, olives and pesto and toss to combine.
- Tip into a lunchbox and go!
Make it your way…
- Use chopped ham, feta cheese or tinned salmon instead of tuna.
- Add in more vegetables – halved cherry tomatoes, a handful of peas, slices of celery.
- Use wholemeal pasta instead of white for added fibre.
Love your leftovers…
- Any leftovers can be taken for lunch next day.
- Not ‘quite’ enough leftovers then stuff them in a pitta or serve with breadsticks.