A delicious, easy and quick lunch idea. Toasted pitta bread stuffed to bursting with fresh salad and pesto tuna, serve alongside a quick side salad for a healthy feel good lunch.
Quick and tasty lunch idea.
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 bag ready washed bistro salad
- 2 tins tuna
- 1 heaped tbs mayonnaise
- 2 heaped tsp green pesto
- Lightly toast the pitta breads, leave to cool slightly then slice open so you can stuff them.
- Add a large handful of salad leaves to the pitta bread.
- Mix together the tuna, mayonnaise and pesto and pile into the pitta bread on top of the salad.
Make tuna salad pittas your way
- Switch the green pesto for red pesto or sun dried tomato paste.
- Add in a small tin of borlotti beans to make the sandwich filler go further.
How to serve tuna salad pittas
- Ideal as a quick lunch – serve alongside a side salad, like our fresh and tasty cucumber salad.
- If wrapping for packed lunch, let the toasted pittas cool completely before filling otherwise they’ll be soggy by lunch.
- Fab for picnics.
- Serve as an easy midweek dinner, just add a side of sweet potato fries (I usually cheat and buy the oven fries to serve with this dinner, just so it’s quick)