Our ultimate BLT makes a delicious take to work lunch or lazy Sunday morning brunch.
Soft malted brown bread, lightly toasted, topped with smashed avocado, crisp cool lettuce, slices of juicy red tomato add in some smoked bacon and top with a drizzle of creamy mayonnaise. Perfect.
Lick your lips!
- 2 slices of malted brown bread
- 1 small avocado
- handful of lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2-3 rashers of bacon
- 1-2 tsp mayonnaise
- Trim the fat from the bacon and grill the bacon until cooked to your liking.
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Top one slice of bread with smashed avocado, lettuce, sliced tomato, add the cooked bacon, drizzle over the mayonnaise and top with the other slice of toasted bread.
If you're packing this for lunch wrap tightly in grease proof paper and tie with string.
make it your way…
- skip the avocado for a traditional BLT
- go for an Italian vibe – use ciabatta, spread with pesto, top with avocado, bacon, lettuce and tomato
- go cheesy with a layer of cool cream cheese – maybe with a snip of chives
- heat things up a bit and throw in a scattering of chopped chilli