For a quick and easy family recipe for tea time with added ‘fab mum points’ try our ultimate fish finger sandwiches with crispy wedges and pesto pea dip! Kids love them!
Super quick real family dinner - kids love the pesto pea dip!
- 12 fish fingers
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls
- bag of salad leaves
- 4 large handfuls of frozen peas
- 2 tbs of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 heaped tsp pesto (from a jar)
- packet of potato wedges (or 4 medium potatoes to make your own)
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Put the wedges in to cook (usually take 20 minutes)
- After 5 minutes add the fish fingers to the oven to cook also
- Put the peas on to boil - 5-6 minutes.
- When peas are cooked - drain and run them under cold water to cool.
- Put the peas, pesto and Philadelphia in a blender and blitz to a smooth dip. Slice the bread rolls - add salad to them all.
Add the cooked fish fingers to the bread rolls & top with a small dollop of mayonnaise. Serve with a portion of wedges and the pesto pea dip in a little pot for dunking.
Enjoy the lazy tea with the kids – love fish fingers – total comfort food!