Fifteen great ways to keep a toddler busy for 5 minutes with very little effort.
- Put a sock on your hand and pretend it’s a monster.
- Scatter the cushions on the living room floor and play stepping stones.
- Play copy cat – encourage your toddler to copy everything you do.
- Walk around like a giant and then creep on the floor like a mouse.
- Let them wear parents shoes and stomp about!
- Wriggle on tummy like a snake for a few laps of the room.
- Make & fly paper aeroplanes.
- Counting to 10 and back again.
- A game of what noise does the (insert animal name here) make?
- Give them a doodle pad and chubby pencil.
- Sing nursery rhymes and action rhymes,
- Play a game of find me something blue/green/yellow/red.
- Give them some raisins to eat.
These two activities need pre-planning & having ready – to keep their entertainment value keep these as special things to do.
- Give them a large piece of scrap chiffon fabric to play with.
- Pre-make a mini photo album of family members/pets – simple photos stuck onto card & tied with string.