25 after school snacks that won’t spoil dinner – perfect for keeping little ones going until dinner time.
After School Snacks Ideas Your Kids Will LOVE!
If like me you hear “mum I’m hungry” roared at you the minute they walk through the door then this is for you.
So no need to keep googling “after school snack ideas UK” we’ve put together a list of super easy snacks to help you out!
Our after school snack ideas are quick and easy to prepare – healthy snack ideas that won’t spoil the kids dinner but will fill them up whilst they wait.
These children’s after school snack ideas also work well as lunch box fillers if you’re needing a little lunchbox inspiration!
Healthy After School Snacks Ideas for Kids
- Vegetable stick and dip pots – this is a really easy after school snack idea that’s vegan. These are super easy to make and good for having in the fridge ready to grab and go – you can make them with peanut dip, hummus or salsa for an easy after school snacks.
- Mini Fruit Kebabs – Looking for after school snack ideas – easy to make? I’ve no idea how this works but if fruit is on little sticks my kids eat a whole lot more of it! You can make these mini fruit kebabs using any type of fruit you like – melon, mango, grapes, kiwi and strawberries are always popular here.
- Dried fruit – handfuls of dried fruit are a quick and easy snack for kids to eat – if your kids are older and are okay with nuts – try mixing nuts in with the fruit – unsalted peanuts or cashews work well with sultanas and dried cranberries. An after school snack thats easy!
- Yogurts – kids love yogurts – try adding a handful of cereal to the yogurt to keep them full for longer. This is a super easy after school snacks.
- Cheese Scones – warm cheese scones are delicious as a snack, spread with butter and serve with a glass for icy cold milk. These are after school snack ideas that are so tasty.
- Fruit Scones – for the ultimate afternoon tea snack a scone with fruit and cream is just the BEST! (advertisement feature recipe)
- Cheese on Toast – quick and easy protein rich snack – try grilled wholegrain bead topped with cheese – add a splattering of marmite for extra taste. Great after school snacks that are tasty and easy.
- Celery Sticks – spread celery sticks with peanut butter or cream cheese – you could also add a line of sultanas pressed into the peanut butter or cheese to squeeze in an extra portion of fruit.
- Beetroot Hummus – for more after school snack ideas – vegan, try our delicious hummus, kids love the vibrant colour and sweet taste of this beetroot hummus – you could serve with crackers, bread sticks or a toasted pitta bread.
- Scotch Egg – a good quality scotch egg can make a tasty after school snack.
Get more snacks for kids here
- Homemade Cinnamon & Raisin Oat Cookie – these delicious homemade cookies are packed with oats, raisins and perfect for filling the gap between lunch and dinner.
- Apple and Cheese Cubes – sliced apples and cubes of cheese are a healthy, fresh tasting snack – serve with icy cold milk. This is the perfect after school snack that’s easy and delicious.
- Digestive Biscuits Spread with Cream Cheese – a quick and tasty snack – choose low sugar digestive biscuits for this option.
- Homemade Breadsticks with Dip – our homemade cheesy breadsticks served with dip are great for an easy afternoon snack.
- Tortilla Chips with Salsa Dip – another after school snack ideas – vegan. Try tipping tortilla chips into a bowl and serve with tomato salsa. (be sure to use vegan tortilla chips)
- Mini Fruit Pots – make up batches of mini fruit pots to keep in the fridge at home – try strawberries, grapes, melon and kiwi for a fresh and tasty fruit salad.
- Mini Cereal and Yogurt Pots – make up little cereal snack pots – layer up your kids favourite cereal with yogurt – choose flavoured yogurt or add in extra fruit.
- Pretzels – tip out a small bowlful of pretzels as a quick and simple snack – you could add a side of salsa or guacamole dip to these too. This is another after school snack ideas – vegan.
- Cheese on Crackers – spread cream cheese or slices of hard cheese onto rye crackers.
- Banana, Oat & Peanut Butter Smoothie – whizz up a healthy homemade energy packed smoothie to keep the kids full until dinner.
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
- Blueberry Smoothie Pops – on a warm day cool the kids down with these delicious smoothie pops made with all natural ingredients
- Quesadilla – make the kids a quick quesadilla – try adding refried beans and a handful of grated cheese – maybe a side of salsa for dipping.
- Digestive Biscuits and Milk – no time to faff then give the kids biscuits and milk.
- Banana Cinnamon French Toast – for an indulgent little treat try serving up a portion of our delicious banana cinnamon French toast – so good!
- Ham & Cheese Roll Ups – make up little ham and cheese mini wraps and slice into coils.
- Tuna Muffin Melts – if the kids are really hungry a tray of tuna muffin melts should fill the gap – super easy to make and squeeze in some extra veggies.
- Cheese & Apple Mini Pittas – need to feed a crowd – throw together some mini pittas filled with cheese, apple and a splash of chutney.
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
All our our children’s snack suggestions are great after school club snack ideas.
Now… so that you don’t ruin dinner keep a close eye on portion sizes! And be sure to offer a big drink first it’s easy for kids to muddle up hunger and thirst.
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Save our after school snacks to Pinterest for later!