I love it when Monday includes bubble & squeak. Delicious fluffy mashed potatoes mixed with deep dark green cabbage, onions and garlic, just simply fried up and topped with a runny fried eggs… it’s just too good!
I like to make these little bubble & squeak patties with leftover colcannon, I say leftover… what I actually mean is I make double the amount so that I can indulge in this little delight the day after.
The bubble & squeak patties are simple – just mold a handful of cold colcannon into a rough burger shape add a splash of olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and cook until browned then flip and brown on the other side also. When the patties are almost ready make a little gap in the pan, add a splash more olive oil and fry your egg. To serve just slide the patties onto a plate and top with egg.
A super quick meal idea, hardly a recipe at all.
Quick and easy Monday night tea.
- 2 handfuls of leftover colcannon
- 1 egg
- Splash of olive oil
- Take a handful of the leftover colcannon and mold it into a burger shape using your hands.
- Warm a splash of olive oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Put the bubble & squeak patties into the pan and cook until heated through and browned on each side.
- When they're almost cooked add a little more olive oil to the pan and drop in an egg and fry until cooked to your liking.
To serve just slide the bubble & squeak patties onto a plate and top with the fried egg. Yum!