Apple and Cheddar cheese salad is such a simple tasty little combination – quick to make, great in lunch boxes or as a side salad for BBQs or picnics.
It’s fresh, easy and bursting with flavour and only takes a few minutes to make.
Totally delicious summer salad
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 3 sticks celery - sliced
- 2 apples - sliced
- 2 handfuls of grapes - sliced into halves
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 100g cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- pinch of sea salt
- Scatter the salad leaves over the serving plate.
- Scatter over the celery, apples, grapes, walnuts and cheddar cheese.
- Mix up the dressing by adding the olive oil, white wine vinegar, wholegrain mustard and sea salt to a small bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Make Apple and Cheddar Salad your way
- use blue cheese instead of cheddar.
- add in more salad vegetables – try baby plum tomatoes or watercress.
- fancy some meat – add in crispy bacon.
How to serve Apple and Cheddar Salad
- Delicious as an easy summer lunch.
- Great for lunch boxes and taking to work.
- Serve alongside BBQ food.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our roast vegetable & feta salad recipe