This is my perfect midweek dinner recipe, it’s quick, it’s spicy and it’s ridiculously easy to make. Deliciously Italian and it goes effortlessly alongside any salad or simply dressed steamed greens.
It’s healthy, vegetarian and a a great go-to recipe for busy weeknights.
Brilliantly quick and tasty vegetarian recipe
- 1 large onion finely chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 1 chilli finely chopped.
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- splash of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- gnocchi to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan and gently fry the onion for around 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and chilli and fry for a couple of minutes, tip in the tinned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Simmer rapidly on a medium heat with the lid off for around 10 minutes so that the sauce reduces and thickens up nicely.
- Cook the gnocchi as per the packed instructions and toss into the sauce.
- If you’re cooking for kids and they’re not keen on the heat of chilli, just add the chilli in once their portion has been served up.
Make it your way…
- Serve with pasta instead of gnocchi.
- Add some chicken or prawns.
- Use leftovers as a pasta salad next day for lunch.