Asparagus and egg salad is literally spring on a plate – it’s light, delicious and oh so easy to throw together. Perfect for laid back weekend lunch.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients too – we just love recipes like this!
Make asparagus and egg salad your way
- switch the potatoes for homemade croutons
- add in some crispy bacon.
- try the egg poached instead of boiled.
- when making the recipe gluten free – be sure to choose all gluten-free ingredients
How to serve asparagus and egg salad
- perfect for an easy spring lunch
- add some crusty bread and a glass of chardonnay for a light, easy dinner.
PS.. we think you might also just LOVE our asparagus and watercress bruschetta
- 8 baby new potatoes - peeled or scrubbed and cut into bitesize pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 125g fine asparagus
- knob of butter
- 2 heaped tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mild mustard
- small bunch flat leaf parsley or chives - finely chopped
- Bag of baby salad - a bistro mix or baby herb
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil add the eggs and potatoes and boil for around 7-8 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
- Whilst the potatoes and eggs are cooking - melt a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the asparagus until just tender - remove to some kitchen paper to drain off any excess butter.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water - remove the eggs, allow to cool a little and take off the shells.
- Tip the potatoes into the pan the asparagus cooked in and coat in the leftover melted butter-sprinkle in the chopped herbs.
- Mix up the mustard with the mayonnaise and divide into two little bowls.
- To assemble the salad - divide the salad leaves between the plates, top with the buttery potatoes, slice the eggs into quarters and lay over the asparagus - tuck the little bowl of mustard mayonnaise in amongst everything for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 207mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.