An easy tasty salad with bacon, egg and asparagus, throw in some sourdough bruschetta croutons for added deliciousness. This salad is quick to make which means it’s great for a busy weeknight.
Bring a pan of eggs to the boil and simmer for 6-8 minutes, whilst they cook, grill the bacon, asparagus and sourdough bread. To make the croutons just rub a clove of fresh garlic over the surface of the sourdough toast and drizzle with olive oil.
Once the eggs are cooked, shell them and assemble your salad. Toss all the ingredients together, drizzle with a little more olive oil and tuck in. Easy.
- 4 eggs
- 8 rashes of smoked bacon
- 100g fine asparagus
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil for drizzling
- bag of herby salad leaves
- Put the eggs into cold water in a pan and then bring to the boil. Boil for around 5-8 minutes, depending on how well cooked you want your yolks.
- Whilst the eggs cook, heat the grill to high and cook the bacon, asparagus and sourdough bread.
- To make the sourdough bruschetta croutons, rub the surface of the toast with a clove of garlic and then drizzle with olive oil, slice the bread into fingers or cubes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, remove the shells and slice in half.
- Assemble the salad - tip the herby salad leaves on to a platter, lay on the bacon, eggs and asparagus, add a little drizzle of olive oil then scatter over the sourdough croutons.
Make it your way…
- Switch the bacon for turkey breast steaks for a lighter salad.
- Go veggie and use grilled halloumi instead of bacon.
- Try mushrooms or peppers in place of asparagus.